YMCA of the Capital District
List of pages (lesson locations) in Capital District YMCA Courses:
Capital District YMCA NEO Part 1:
Welcome: Must listen to audio before next is enabled
CEO Intro: Must watch video of J. David Brown and then another screen comes up discussing Keys to Success, screenshot below. You must click each of the 12 boxes and then next is enabled. A white checkmark will appear on each box once you’ve clicked it.
- Y Mission: Must listen to audio before next is enabled (it automatically moves on to the next page when audio is completed)
- Y Voice: Must listen to audio before next is enabled (it automatically moves on to the next page when audio is completed)
- About the Y clips: This page has a video (1 min, 51 seconds) that must be completed before next is enabled
- Core Values: Must listen to intro audio and click all four pictures before next is enabled. Once they’ve been clicked, a checkmark appears on each of the pictures.
- Timeline: Must click all 7 circles on timeline and listen to all audio for each of the circles before next is enabled. White checkmarks will appear on circles to indicate which circles have been completed.
- Branches: Must click on every branch before next is enabled. Black checkmarks will appear on buttons beside branch names to indicate which have been clicked.
- Operating Principles: There is intro audio with pictures, and then you must click all 9 green buttons on right side of screen before next is enabled. A blue checkmark will appear in the top left corner of each button once it is clicked.
- Harassment Policy: This section has 5 subsections. Learner must click the tabs at the bottom right of the shape on screen to move between sub-sections.
- Zero Tolerance - Must listen to intro audio. Then, learner click the tab on the bottom right of the red shape on screen (arrow points to where you must click). Once you click the tab, you will be shown the definition of harassment.
- Definition of Harassment - definition and 4 buttons will appear (Physical, Verbal, Written, and Sexual). You must click through each of these different types of harassment. Once they click all 4 buttons (each type of harassment), the orange tab on the bottom right of the red shape will be clickable. You must click the orange tab to continue.
- Reporting a Claim - Must listen to audio and read text on screen, then click the yellow-orange tab at bottom right of shape to move on.
- Confidentiality - Must listen to audio and read text on screen, then click the yellow tab at bottom right of shape.
- Corrective Action - Must listen to audio, then next will become enabled.
- For tabs 1 and 3 (Internet Access & Inclement Weather), listen to all audio to complete.
- After initial audio in second tab (Social Media Policy), you must click the yellow button that says “Social Media FAQs.” You must click all FAQs to complete that tab.
- For the 4th tab, Open Communication, you must listen to intro audio and then you will see a button that says “First step - click here,” which will open up the steps of their complaint procedure. Click through all 3 steps to complete this tab.
14. Cause-Driven Y: At start, mission and vision statements are shown on screen. Click the blue “Continue” button in bottom left corner. Then, Cause-Driven Y information is shown. There are 9 purple buttons on the left side. Click each one, and as you do, a blue popout appears (screenshot below). Once you’ve clicked all 9, and can see all 9 blue popouts, next is enabled.
15. Next steps: You are instructed to begin Part II, Child Abuse and Maltreatment Prevention. Follow on-screen instructions to begin Part II.
Capital District YMCA NEO Part 2 (Child Abuse & Maltreatment Prevention Training):
Welcome Screen (title page): If this is your first time opening the course, read the message at bottom right and click “Continue.” If you are coming back into the course, you can either click “Continue From Where I Left” or “Start Over”. If you choose to start over, you will have to redo all information you’ve previously completed. Once you click Continue, you will be taken to the next page.
Intro Video: Must watch video of Vice President of Human Resources, John Hayden, before next is enabled; automatically advances once video is complete.
Welcome: Must listen to intro audio, then video begins playing (of CEO J. David Brown). Must watch video before next is enabled. Click next to move on from here on out (no automatically advancing).
Section 1 Intro: Must listen to audio before next is enabled.
Stats: Must listen to audio before next is enabled.
Types of Abuse: Listen to intro audio, then must click four types of abuse in the top right corner or on the pie chart. You do not need to click “Other Maltreatment,” as there is no additional information about that one. Once you’ve clicked each, a white checkmark will appear in the legend at top right. When all four are complete, a popup will appear. Click the button to continue. Audio will start to play, and another popup will appear. Click “Begin” to start the activity:
Drag and drop activity: There is a word bank on the left side of the page, made up of indicators that a child may be in an abusive situation. To the right and bottom of the page, there are 5 boxes, one to represent each type of abuse, and a fifth box to represent indicators that are common for all types of abuse. Each indicator on the left must be dragged into its appropriate box. When all of the indicators have been moved into a box, feedback will appear; read it. If you have missed some, click the button to view the correct answers. You are asked to also download a PDF for additional information. Then you may click the next button to move on.
Family Characteristics: Must click each of the 10 pictures, and read the information that pops up for each, before next is enabled. Green checkmarks will appear on pictures that have been completed.
Profiles of Abusers: Listen to intro audio and read instructions. Click blue button to begin the activity. Statements will appear above the images. Read them, and select whether each statement is true for female abusers, male abusers, or both. There are 10 statements total. After all have been completed, a popup will appear with some information that needs to be read. Then, next will become enabled.
Strategies of Child Abusers: Click the four images to learn about the different strategies often used by child abusers. Must listen to each of the four strategies scenarios/explanations before next is enabled. When each of the strategies is completed, the picture for that strategy is grayed out in the opening menu.
Child on Child Abuse: Must answer T/F at beginning, then click the 8 buttons that are shown on left side of screen. Red checkmarks appear on buttons that have been clicked. Once all are clicked, next is enabled.
Normal Sexual Behavior: Must listen to intro audio, then click on each age group, one at a time. Within each age group, there will be an activity where you must select the behaviors shown that are normal for children in that age group. Once you select your responses, click the submit button, and feedback will appear. Read the feedback, then another button appears to take you back to the main menu to select another age group. Orange checkmarks appear on completed age groups within the main menu. Once all four age groups’ activities are complete, next will become enabled.
Section 2 Intro: Must listen to audio before next is enabled.
Program and Staffing Issues: Must watch video at beginning of page. Then, audio will begin. Listen to audio, then click each of the 8 buttons on the right side. Additional information will appear for each. Blue checkmarks appear in the top left corners of buttons once they’re clicked. Once all are clicked, and all information has been read, next will become enabled.
Facility Policies: Must listen to intro audio, then click on all three categories (Indoors, Outdoors, and Locker Room). Once a category is completed, it will be “grayed out” (in purple though) on main screen. To complete each section: Outdoors: Must click each of the three flashing hotspots to view additional information. Indoors: First, choose “Children” or “Adults.” Within each of these sub-sections, you must click the two flashing hotspots. Once you’ve completed a sub-section (Children or Adults), a button will appear to navigate to the other that you haven’t completed. Again, click the two flashing hotspots. Locker Room: Must click each of the three flashing hotspots to view additional information.
Appropriate Touching Part 1: Click red begin button to read through scenario. At the top of the screen, you will read the scenario. Below that, you will be shown a rule about appropriate touching of children. Under the rule will be a button that you must click to progress through the scenario. There will be five parts to the scenario, and therefore, five rules. Once you’re at Rule #5, next will become enabled.
Appropriate Touching Part 2: Must click through all three common issues examples, and listen to all audio, before next is enabled. As you complete each of the three examples, you will be returned to the main page. A pink checkmark will appear on each completed example. When you have all three checkmarks showing, next will become enabled.
“Sitting on Your Lap” section also has a video that must be watched. A question pops up during video, as well, and you must select your response. Once you answer the question, you will see some feedback and must click the button shown to continue the video. When the video is complete, there will be a button in bottom right (“Move on”) to continue onto the next part of the “sitting on your lap” section. In the next section, there is required audio like the other examples.
Showing Affection: All five guidelines must be clicked, and all information within each guideline must be listened to, before next is enabled. For Guidelines 1 and 3, there is a quick drag and drop activity that must be completed as well. Checkmarks appear on completed guidelines’ buttons.
Code of Conduct: All pieces of the code of conduct must be clicked (24 boxes). “Outside Program” piece has video that must be watched (second row, second from right.) When a piece has been completed, it will appear as a solid color with text. Once all are completed, next is enabled.
Section 3 Intro: Must listen to audio before next is enabled.
How to Respond: Must watch video. During video, suggestions will appear that you must read. You will manually continue video by clicking buttons that prompt you to do so. Once video is complete, next will be enabled.
Common Ways Kids Disclose: Must click three most common ways and listen to scenarios. In each scenario, you are posed with a question. Think about a response, and click the button that will appear in the bottom left corner to continue the scenario. Checkmarks appear on completed sections when user returns to main screen following each scenario. Once all three are complete, next will become enabled.
Making the Report: Must watch video at beginning, then click each of the eight “steps” buttons that appear (buttons are circles at the bottom of the screen). Read the information that pops up for each step. Step 1 also has a video that must be watched before it is considered complete. Then, a white checkmark will appear on each step button. Once all checkmarks are showing, and you’ve viewed all six steps, next will become enabled.
The First 24 Hours: Must listen to intro audio, then click each of the 6 steps before next is enabled. White checkmarks will appear on each step button when it has been clicked.
Signature Page: This page includes a mandatory form require to be completed in order to receive credit for completing the course. If you do not submit the form, you will not be marked as complete for this course. If the form does not load within the course, click the link at the bottom of the page to open it in a new window. Fill out the form in the new window, then return to the course and click next to view the final page and receive next steps. Link: http://nptrainingworks.com/ymca/capital-district/neo-acknowledgement Completed forms are sent to Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Final thoughts: Must watch video, then final steps appear. A certificate of completion should also be printed, by clicking the Print Certificate button at the bottom of the screen. You are to keep this certificate for your records.