YMCA of East Tennessee New Employee Orientation Instructions
Please read the following instructions before beginning: New Employee Orientation, or NEO, is made up of four parts, three of which are to be completed online. The fourth part is your branch or site orientation, conducted by your supervisor at your work location. All new employees must complete all trainings before they are able to begin their work at the YMCA of East Tennessee. Exceptions will only be made in extreme circumstances and must be approved by Human Resources. Employees are paid for the time it takes to complete the NEO.
How to register and access the training:
1. Please go to http://nptrainingworks.com/ymca/east-tennessee.
2. Toward the middle of the screen you will see “Register on this site by clicking here.” Click the link and complete the registration form.
3. REMEMBER YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD. Write it down for future reference.
Once you have registered, you should be automatically logged into your new account and taken to a welcome page.
To begin taking the NEO course:
1. On the welcome page, about halfway down, instruction step 2 says, “Once registered you can click here to access Parts I, II, and III of the New Employee Orientation.”
2. Click the link provided in step 2 OR click the blue button at the very top of the page that says My Courses.
3. A new page will be opened up and you will see YMCA of East Tennessee New Employee Orientation listed. Click the link that says “Take Course.”
4. The course will start automatically.
You can complete the training all at once or log in at a later time and the course will direct you to where you left off. It will not let you go to the next section until you have clicked on and read everything on the screen and listened to all audio. There are no shortcuts!
When you complete the course, an e-mail will be sent to human resources and your supervisor, notifying them that you have completed NEO. Please contact your supervisor to schedule a time to complete your in-person orientation and any needed paperwork to start work.
Important notes for all parts of NEO:
Employees that have resigned and been rehired within one year of their termination date do not need to retake the New Employee Orientation. Please note that we reserve the right to have these employees re-attend if major updates or changes have been made since their last attendance.
If you have any questions about New Employee Orientation, please contact Human Resources or e-mail email@example.com.
If you need technical support while completing the online training, please visit http://nptrainingworks.com/support.