South Shore YMCA New Employee Orientation Instructions
Please read the
following instructions before beginning:
New Employee Orientation, or NEO, is made up of three parts, which are to be completed online. All new employees must complete all trainings before they begin their work at the South Shore YMCA. Hourly employees are paid for the time it takes to complete the NEO.
How to register:
1. Using Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer, please go to http://nptrainingworks.com/ymca/south-shore.
2. Select “New Employee” as your employee registration type.
3. Once on the New Employee page, under REGISTRATION, toward the bottom of the page, click the link shown under instruction #1 to register.
4. REMEMBER YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD. Write it down for future reference.
To begin taking the NEO course:
1. Once you’ve registered, you will be automatically logged in to your new account. Once you’ve registered, you can click “My Courses” at the top right of the page, or click “New Employee” again.
a. If you clicked “New Employee,” once you’re back on that page, follow the link that says “Click Here to Begin” in the middle of the screen.
2. Your “My Courses” page will be opened up and you will see South Shore YMCA New Employee Orientation listed. Click the link that says “Take Course.”
3. The first course will start automatically.
You can complete the training all at once or log in at a later time and the course will direct you to where you left off. It will not let you go to the next section until you have clicked on and read everything on the screen and listened to all audio. There are no shortcuts!
When you complete the course, an e-mail will be sent to the Training Coordinator to notify that you have completed NEO. If you work in School-Age Child Care or the Afterschool Program, you must download and print the Certificate of Completion at the end of Part III. This certificate needs to be handed in to your supervisor.
your first day of work, you will be oriented to your job your supervisor. At
this time you will learn about the branch you will be working at, specific
safety information, as well as get to meet other staff.
If you have any questions about New Employee Orientation, please contact our Training Coordinator, at email@example.com.
If you need technical support while completing the online training, please visit http://nptrainingworks.com/support.