CollaborNation offers a handful of ways to assign courses to your learners to ensure they take the proper training. Courses can be assigned by site administrators and reporting group administrators.
The simplest way to assign courses to your learners is by going to the Course Assignment page in Admin Settings. This sends courses to learners immediately.
Step 1: Select Learners
First select the learners you'd like to assign courses to. The table will show if their account is Active (they can login and use the site) and a link to their Transcript for a simple way to see what courses they have. There are buttons to "Select All Learners" or "Select Active Only" to make it easier to select a large number of learners.
You can also filter learners by Reporting Groups, which makes it simpler to assign courses to specific groups, such as Departments.
Step 2: Select Courses
Next select the courses you'd like to assign to your learners.
Step 3: Review Selections
Before sending out the courses review the assignments that are set up. If you'd like to make any changes please do so above on the page. Changes will be reflected immediately. Once the assignments are set up correctly click on Set Up Assignments.
If the learner already has the course in their account, the site will alert you that there are duplicate courses. If you'd like to assign duplicate courses (which can be viewed in the next screen) click on Yes (Assign Duplicates). If you would not like to assign duplicates, click on No. Duplicates can also be removed individually in the final step.
Step 4: Create Assignments
Once the courses are set up you'll have a final chance to review the assignments. This final step lets you do a final review of all individual courses that will be assigned, along with options to remove assignments individually by clicking the Remove button.
Any courses that are duplicates will have [Duplicate] at the beginning of the course title with the text in red. If you click on the Course Title heading you can sort all duplicate assignments together if you would like to review them all together.
You have the ability to set deadlines on the assignments, which is a date the user must complete the course by before it expires. Courses must be completed before it expires.
Deadlines can be set two ways:
- Date: A hard date is entered that the user must complete the course by.
- Time frame: You can enter how many days, weeks, months, or years learners have to complete the course. The end date will display to the right.
Send email notifications to learners
You have the option to immediately notify your learners of any course assignments, which will send an email alerting them of the courses they were just assigned.
- To send email notifications check the "Send Email Notifications to Learns" field.
- If you'd like to send a custom message, check the "Use Custom Message" field which will then let you enter in your own personalized email.
When entering a custom message you have the ability to use variables generated by the site automatically. This can be viewed under the Message Tips dropdown.
- You may include links to our support site (http://support.cypherworx.com) or our support line (888-685-4440).
- Use the variable [user:name] to include the learner's real name.
- Use the variable [user:mail] to include the learner's email address.
- Use the variable [assignment:course] to include the title of assigned courses.
- Use the variable [site:url] to include the login URL to your site.
- Use the variable [site:name] to include the name of your site.
All courses assigned in the site can be reviewed on the Review Assignments page.
- Assigned By: The person who assigned a course. This links to the person's user page. This can be site administrators or reporting group administrators.
- Assigned To: The learner who received the course assignment.
- Assignment Date/Time: The date and time that the course was assigned to the learner.
- Individual Report: This links to the learner's report of that individual course, giving them the ability to see if learner's status on the course.
- Deadline: Displays when the course expires if there is a deadline. This can be updated on this page.
- Remove Assignment: Removing a course hides the course in the learner's account. This course will display in reporting as having been removed.
Assign courses automatically when learners register into the site
You can set up your site to automatically assign courses when a learner registers into your site. This can be done on the Site Building page in Admin Settings. Under Registration Courses select the courses you'd like to automatically assign, then click on Save Changes.
See also the Site Building Support Hub page.
Reporting Groups course assignment
Courses can be assigned through Reporting Groups. Once a Reporting Group has been created, courses can automatically be assigned when learners are added to the group. To learn more, go to the Reporting Groups Support Hub page.