A survey is a flexible, quantitative research tool that allows administrators to collect data from learners in a cost effective way.
As an administrator you may create a Survey that is simple as a stand alone topic, or you may get creative and combine them with Learning Paths to create complex training scenarios. For example, you may create a Learning Path that looks like:
- Step 1 is a pre-training Survey to gain insight into their initial thoughts on a topic.
- Step 2 (and any additional steps you would like) is the training you would like your learners to participate in.
- The final step would be a post-training Survey so that you will see how the training influenced their thoughts.
Creating a Survey
To create a survey, as an administrator go to Admin Tools > Create Training > Surveys.
Then click on Create New.
Here you can create and manage your survey.
- Title: Enter the name of your survey.
- Catalog Description: This is text that the learner will see if they access they survey from the Course Catalog or from within a Learning Path.
- Instructions: Enter in instructions that your learners will see when they take the survey.
- Completion page text: Customize the message your learners see when they complete the survey.
- Survey Image: Customize the image that will be used within the Course Catalog or on the learner's My Courses page.
- Catalogs: Choose which catalogs this survey may appear within.
- Anonymous Responses: Indicates whether administrators may view the names of individuals within Reporting. By creating a survey with anonymous responses learners are more open to speak freely about a given topic.
Once a survey has been created you must create questions for the learner to respond. We offer many types of questions that allow you to customize the survey to your needs. You may even edit and reorder questions once they have been created.
From the details page you may quickly access the main questions page, view submissions in reporting, edit details, or assign the survey to individuals.
From the main Surveys landing page you may easily clone a survey to create a second copy of the survey. This is great ideal for creating a pre and post training survey that uses the same questions, or to create new surveys for use with other training.
Similar to Assessments, Surveys allow you to create a shareable URL that can be easily emailed to individuals so that they may obtain it that way. This simplifies the process of an individual getting it themselves.