Administrators can see courses completed by learners in their site in various ways.
When administrators first go to the Reporting in Admin Settings you will see the Overview page. This gives administrators a glimpse of the training done by all the learners in the site. Each visualization can be hovered, clicked, or tapped to display more information.
The Reporting pages have four top navigation menus to help administrators find reporting information more easily.
- Navigation: Let's you switch between the different reporting views: Overview, All Learners, E-Learning, Events, Resources, and Additional Training.
- Reporting Scope: Narrow down the reporting options based on Reporting Groups and Teams.
- Date Range: Set a date range to display results in Reporting.
- Search: Type in anything to search for all fields, including user accounts, courses, events, resources, and additional training. You must type at least three characters.
Select Reporting Scope
There is a lot of flexibility when selecting the scope for Reporting.
- Checking the organization's name will select everyone in the site.
- (Non-Group Members) displays any person who is not in a Reporting Group.
- If you select a group that has subgroups then all subgroups will become selected. You can also deselect a group but still select the subgroups within it.
- All Team-Based Groups will appear at the end of the list. Teams can be toggled to be available in Reporting. If a Team isn't displaying in Reporting, edit that Team's setting.
- Administrators have access to see all Reporting Groups. If a person is a Reporting Group Administrator or Manager, they will not be able to select groups they don't have access to.
Select Date Span
You have the ability to change the date span for records to display. You can either enter the exact dates, or you can use the dropdown to select a predefined date range. These dates are often common ranges that administrators would need to pull reports that may make it easier to select date ranges. Those ranges includes:
- This Week
- Last Week
- Past 30 Days
- This Month
- Last Month
- This Quarter
- Last Quarter
- Past Year
- Year to Date
- Last Year
- --- Clear Dates --- Clears the range if you would like to pull all reports
As there are a handful of different dates that ranges can be applied to, throughout reporting you will see numerous reports where the only thing that changes is the date span. For example, on the E-Learning reporting page there tables for Courses Assigned and Courses Completed. This displays the same information that will change depending on the date range you select.
It's possible for sites to have hundreds of thousands of completed training records. To ensure that Reporting can be accessed quickly and accurately, snapshots of courses that have been completed are created. This ensures that the data is consistent moving from one page to the next, and also makes sure that the pages load quickly.
Anytime that you access the Reporting page you will see a prompt asking if you'd like to refresh your data. You can also manually Refresh the data by using the Refresh button under the Search bar. If you refresh the data in one tab, it will automatically update the data in other tabs too.