Your employees may have taken training outside of CollaborNation, perhaps with another LMS or training that was never entered into an LMS. You have the ability to import those training records into your site with Additional Training.
Prepare your CSV file
Additional Training records can be tied to student accounts by creating a CSV file with their training records and uploading it to your site. Download the CSV Template file on that page. It will have the following columns to fill in.
- User Email
- Course Title
- Course Provider: The name of the organization that provided the training.
- Category: The type of training used to teach the course. This needs to be spelled the exact same.
- Instructor-Led Classroom Training
- Instructor-Led Online Training
- E-Learning Course
- Label: Like a category, but defined by the site. Labels may be used to group Additional Training items in Reporting, and for selection as an item within a Learning Path.
- Clock Hours: The amount of time (in hours) it took to complete the course.
- For a 2 hour course enter 2
- For a 30 minute course enter 0.5
- Description: The description of the course.
- Completion Date: Must be entered as mm/dd/yyyy.
- Lesson Status: The status of the course.
- Not Applicable
- Not Attempted
- Grade: The grade you received upon completing the course. It must be a number or letter, i.e. "90" or "B"
You may also want to read our article on the difference between passed and completed.
CSV file tips
- CSV files can be edited in Microsoft Excel or a similar spreadsheet application.
- Do not add or remove columns. These are the required fields.
- Do not change the order in which the columns appear. When uploading the file it must remain in the same format.
- You will be unable to upload PDF certificates this way.
Upload your completed CSV file
When your file is prepared and ready, submit it under the Training Data CSV File field. A file preview will appear, and if there's any formatting that doesn't match these requirements the cell will have a red background, and a text explanation will appear at the top. You will be unable to submit the records until they've been corrected.
To remove a CSV file you have submitted without processing it, click the Clear button.