Administrators have the ability to create Learning Paths, which is a sequence of courses that allows a learner to master a topic in steps.
Create a Learning Path
Go to the Admin Settings block, then click on Learning Paths. This will take you to the Catalog page that will display all Learning Paths in your site. If a Learning Path hasn't been created yet, click on Create a New Learning Path.
Fill out the details to create a Learning Path. Fields include:
- Image: You can either select or upload your an image.
- Certificate: Upon completion a certificate can be awarded to the learner.
- Completion Type: Select how your learners must complete the steps in the Learning Path.
- In Order: Each step must be completed in order before being able to start the next step.
- Any Order: Steps can be taken in whichever order the learner prefers.
- Deadline: You have the ability to require the Learning Path to be completed in a certain timeframe.
- Fixed deadline: The learners must complete the Learning Path by a specific date, e.g. December 31st
- Rolling deadline (in days) from assignment: The learner must complete the Learning Path in a certain number of days once assigned, e.g. they have 31 days to complete the path.
Add a Step
A Learning Path is composed of steps. A steps is a grouping of any training item in the site. Items consist of courses, course collections, events, resources, and discussions. You can add any combination of these items to a step up to 10 items in a step.
Click on Add Items where you can select any training item in your site. You can also filter by its type or use the search. Select up to 10 items to add to the step.
Allow Previously Completed
It's possible your organization has learners who have already completed training inside of the Learning Path you're creating. As an administrator, you have the ability to either allow or deny if their previously completed training counts towards completion of your Learning Path.
For each item added, you have the following options to allow previously completed training:
- No date restrictions: This allows credit for all items completed before the Learning Path's assignment date. If the learner completed this item at any point, it counts towards the Learning Path.
- Fixed dates: This allows credit if the learner completed the items between the selected dates, e.g. between January 1st 2018 and December 31st 2018. This is helpful for recertification purposes.
- Rolling date (in days): This allows credit if the learner completed the item within the specified number of days before receiving the Learning Path. This is helpful if administrators want to ensure the training is fresh and relevent for the learner.
- Do not allow: The learner must take a fresh instance of the training item to earn credit for it.
Administrators have the ability to control the number of items a learner needs to complete in each step. This can give your learners some flexibility about which trainings they should complete to move onto the next step.
You have the ability to edit steps after they've been created. You can arrange the order of the steps, edit steps to add or remove items, or delete the entire step. You are only able to rearrange the order of the steps if there are two or more steps.
Assign Learning Paths
You are able to offer Learning Paths to your learners by going Course Assignments and selecting individuals to assign it to.
Delete Learning Paths
Administrators have the ability to delete Learning Paths after its been created. To do so, go to Learning Paths and click on Delete for the Learning Path you wish to remove. The Learning Path will no longer appear on this page and be assignable via Course Assignments. Anyone who currently has the Learning Path will still have it and can continue to take it. If someone has the Learning Path it will still appear in Reporting.