CollaborNation can integrate with a variety of different systems. In this article, you will learn how to configure your site to have SSO to direct users from CollaborNation into Canvas LMS.
Establishing an SSO with Canvas incurs an additional cost. Please contact us today to learn more.
Before configuring the Canvas SSO, we will need some information from you.
1. If you already have users populated in Canvas, please tell us the format accounts are created since accounts will need to be linked. Some common examples for a person named John Smith:
- First name + last name + domain: email@example.com
- First name initial + last name + domain: firstname.lastname@example.org
- First name + "." + last name + domain: email@example.com
2. Please provide a link for your SAML2 Metadata XML file.
From this file we need:
- Entity Id
- Assertion Consumer Service (ACS) URL (the first one in the file which matches the same foo.instructure.com domain)
- The X.509 certificate.
3. We will set up a meeting with someone who has administrative access.
CypherWorx will configure settings in our system in preparation for this meeting. We will then share details to get connected and test to ensure connectivity.
Configure Canvas as Service Provider
1. Login to your Canvas LMS as an Account Administrator.
2. In Global Navigation, click the Admin link , then click the name of the account .
3. In Account Navigation, click the Authentication link.
4. In the Authentication drop-down menu, select SAML as the identity provider to this account.
5. You will then want to enter the following information.
- IdP Entity ID: https://collabornation.net/?q=admin/config/people/miniorange_saml_idp/
- Log On URL: https://collabornation.net/?q=initiatelogon
- Log Out URL: https://collabornation.net/?q=samllogout
- Certificate Fingerprint: CypherWorx will provide this.
- Login Attribute: NameID
- Strip Domain From Login Attribute Value: Leave unchecked
- Identifier Format: urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:1.1:nameid-format:emailAddress
- Authentication Context: urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:ac:classes:PasswordProtectedTransport
- Message Signing: RSA-SHA256
Finalizing and Testing
Once details are shared, CypherWorx will create a new menu item in your navigation for Canvas.
2. Then click on Add Link.
3. To create the Canvas link, CypherWorx will enter these fields:
- Link Text: Canvas
- Link URL: CypherWorx will provide this link.
- Icon: Anything that is preferred.
Then click Create Link.
4. Your link is now live. We will then test it to ensure the SSO is connected properly. Learners can now click on this link to be brought immediately over to your Canvas site.