Launching a training initiative for a large organization can be difficult, but don't worry! We specialize in this every day, and we'll be providing all the tools and instructions to get your organization up and running with our training platform. This document outlines how to use CollaborNation to offer world class training for your organization.
Step 1. Site creation
CypherWorx will first establish your site. We will:
- Create your organization’s site
- Brand your site with your company’s logo and colors.
- Add course catalogs.
- Give you administrative access.
Step 2. Customize your site
Once you have access, you can customize your site however you would like. There are a lot of ways you can customize it to meet your training needs! Some customizations that we suggest:
- Customize your site in Site Building:
Step 3. Set up your training
As an admin, you have the ability to create your own training and personalize the training experience for your learners. If you plan on creating your own training, we suggest starting this earlier as it may take time to gather your curriculum.
Training can be set up in different ways.
- Create-A-Course: Upload a PowerPoint, PDF, or video to create your own training course.
- Learning Paths: Create a sequence of courses that allows learners to master a topic in steps.
- Assessments: Help uncover learning needs and gaps, then develop training plans based on those results.
- Custom certificates: Upon completion of a course, award learners with an organization-branded certificate. If one isn't created, learners will earn the default certificate.
Training can be created and assigned at any point.
Step 4. Set up Reporting Groups
Reporting Groups are groupings of people in which reports can be run. It's a flexible way to encapsulate and group individuals in different ways. Reporting Groups are often used for grouping:
- Departments in an organization (Human Resources, Accounting).
- Job Title (sales, marketing).
- Locations of an organization (New York, Florida, California, England, Japan).
- Pay type (salary, hourly).
Setting up Reporting Groups could make it easier to run training programs and administer your site.
- Place learners into Reporting Groups automatically on registration
- Manually assign courses to everyone in the group
- Automatically assign courses to anyone who is added to the group
- Run reports on the groups
Reporting Groups can be set up at any point. We recommend creating them early if possible as it can make administering learners simpler. If you use File Transfer then you can skip this section as it can be handled for you automatically.
Step 5. Add Learners
CollaborNation offers many ways to add learners to your site to best suit your organization.
You can also disable self-registration so learners can only be added by administrators.
Accounts can also be created dynamically by integrating with us.
- API: Create accounts, assign courses, pull reports into your system, have single sign-on capability, and more.
- File Transfer: Send a CSV file of your employees and they will be created automatically in CollaborNation.
- Single sign-on: Connect via SAML 2.0 so your learners don't need to remember another login credential.
Step 6. Assign Courses
Now that your site has training and learners, you can assign courses for your learners to start training.
- Manually assign training with Course Assignments
- Learners can add courses to their account with Course Catalog
- Automatically assign courses to anyone who is added to Reporting Groups
- Assign courses to learners as soon as their account is created
Step 7. Transfer Historical Training Records
It can be helpful to have all training records for your employees in one system. This gives you the ability to run comprehensive reports on your learners' entire training history. Importing historical records can be done with Additional Training.
Step 8. Launch!
You've put in a lot of hard work! You can now officially launch and offer training for the bettering of your employees. If you need any help or assistance, don't hesitate to contact us!